A lightweight Wagtail plugin to determine the reading level of text input into a rich text field.
Currently there are two available modes:
- (Default) Reading Age - calculated using the Automated Readability Index.
- SMOG Index - calculated the SMOG Index (only suitable for English).
- Coleman-Liau Index - calculated using the Coleman-Liau Index.
- Flesch Score - calculated using the Flesch Reading Ease forumal (only suitable for English).
!! This is an experimental build meant to test yet unreleased api features in Wagtail. It uses a monkeypatch to work specifically with Wagtail 2.0 and will likely break in a future release of Wagtail. !!
pip install wagtail-readinglevel
- Add your desired plugin app names to your list of installed apps AFTER all wagtail app includes (e.g. wagtail.admin, wagtail.core etc.). The names are:
wagtailreadinglevelfor Automated Readability Index (Reading Age)
wagtailreadinglevelsmogfor SMOG Index
wagtailreadinglevelcolemanfor Coleman-Liau Index
wagtailreadinglevelfleschfor Flesh Reading Ease Score
Once installed You will see the reading level and/or smog index displayed in the toolbar of all rich text fields in your Wagtail admin area (depending on which you added to your list of installed apps).