Let me see!
The latest version of the presentation is available here:
- 3rd-5th year students in a Computer Science school
- They know very well about programming (no need to explain loops)
- They know very well about C & C++
- The presentation is composed of many design pattern presentations. Pick one you like and make a slide or two!
- Examples of subjects: Continuation Passing Style, Memoization, Functional Programming, Method Chaining, Private Members ...
What this presentation is not about:
- HTML5 features (WebGl, Audio ...) and libraries in general. (You can use them as examples however).
- Learning how to program
How to contribute?
Let's say you want to add a slide about memoization:
- Fork the project
- Copy slides/hook.html to slides/memoization.html (Note: Change memoization by the name of your technique ...)
- Open index.html and add the file
/* Add your slides here */ include('slides/intro.html'); include('slides/hook.html'); // ... include('slides/memoization.html');
- See the presentation at http://username.github.com/jsCollaborativePresentation
- Edit slides/memoization.html to make it rock!
- In your github project page, click the Pull Request link at the top right
- Fill a short description and submit
You are done! Just give me some minutes to merge it with the live repo :)
- The name of all the contributors will appear in the last slide.
- I will make the talk during September and record it. It will be in French. (I wish I could present it in English during the jsConf.eu!)
- I'm pretty sure some people will ask what license the presentation is ... I have no idea, please suggest one :)
- I reserve the right to forge the final presentation as I wish. Sorry in advance if your slides are edited / not taken.