I'm Vlad (he/him), a "Professional mistake avoider", more commonly known as Consultant or Strategic Advisor.
I'm focused on getting companies to the high-performing levels. I do most of my work on AWS, with Serverless and Containers. I have an intense focus on observability and developer velocity, and I spend most of my time lifting people up.
Think I can help your company? Feel free to reach out!
📤 Featured content
- My "Scaling containers on AWS" blog series: started in 2020 with a blog post, continued with a 2021 re:Invent talk available on YouTube, and now updated with a huge blog post for 2022
- My surprisingly popular flowchart: "How should I run containers on AWS"? that tries to compress a bunch of knowledge into an easily understandable way
- My "Fixing EKS DNS" blog post shined a light on NodeLocalDNS, making running Kubernetes clusters at scale way easier. Due to the incredible k8s community, most of this was merged in the upstream documentation
- If you want a glimpse into how much of a golden retriever I am, check out my "Accidentally a hacker" blog post which tells the story of how my passion and energy was combined with alcohol and led to accidentally hacking GitHub
- ... and a bunch of random, unfinished thoughts posted on Twitter that you can more easily read on Typefully
If you want to stay up to date with what I'm doing, follow me on Twitter at @iamvlaaaaaaad or on Polywork at @vlaaaaaaad. You can message me on Twitter, or you can send me an email at totally-not-spam-like-Iemail@example.com.