The FlexyPool library adds metrics and flexible strategies to a given Connection Pool, allowing it to resize on demand. This is very handy since most connection pools offer a limited set of dynamic configuration strategies.
- multiple environment options
- Stand-alone (Spring, Guice)
- Java EE
- extensive connection pool support
- statistics support
- concurrent connections histogram
- concurrent connection requests histogram
- data source connection acquiring time histogram
- connection lease time histogram
- maximum pool size histogram
- total connection acquiring time histogram
- overflow pool size histogram
- retries attempts histogram
In the Press
- The anatomy of Connection Pooling
- FlexyPool, reactive connection pooling
- Professional connection pool sizing
- The simple scalability equation
- How to monitor a Java EE DataSource
- How does FlexyPool support the Dropwizard Metrics package renaming
- How does FlexyPool support both Connection proxies and decorators
- Applying Queueing Theory to Dynamic Connection Pool Sizing with FlexyPool
- Java Performance Tuning - November 2016
Win a copy of my book!
If you want a free copy of my book, High-Performance Java Persistence, you have to do the following:
- Give FlexyPool a try
- Use it in production to configure the connection pool size
- Write a testimonial of your FlexyPool usage
For the moment, there are three testimonials, so the next two will win a free copy of my book.
Who uses FlexyPool
New Etuovi.com has used FlexyPool in production since early 2014. The library has proven to be reliable and allows our infrastructure to handle temporary spikes much better. We use it everywhere in our stack, ranging from our frontends to the backend services.
-- Antti Koivisto, Software Architect, Etuovi.com
Mitch&Mates uses FlexyPool in all it's environments. It gives us the ability to measure performance and scalability, detect potential flaws and improve intensive loads. Additionally, we compared several connection pool libraries which decided us to switch to another provider.
-- Bram Mommaerts, Software Engineer, Mitch&Mates NV
We have tried FlexyPool in Scentbird, after one week of intensive testing we decided switch it to FlexyPool + HikariCP in production mode, and everything works very robust and fast, we so happy about that! Thank you for this library.
-- Andrey Rebrov, CTO, Scentbird
- Java 1.6 or above for all modules but the flexy-dbcp2 which requires at least Java 1.7