Some board-specific installation steps:
WEMOS D1 mini
- Install the latest version of the CH340G driver (Windows, macOS)
Note: For macOS Sierra the required driver version is 1.4 or higher. By the time of writing the official WEMOS website had only 1.3, so you had to get it from WCH, the CH340G manufacturer.
- Connect the device to computer using MicroUSB cable.
WEMOS D1 mini Pro
Install the latest version of the CP210x driver (Windows, macOS)
Connect the device to computer using MicroUSB cable.
ESP8266 support is incomplete.
Currently supported features:
- Code insight for ESP8266 and MicroPython modules
- Context-aware code completion and documentation
- Syntax checking and type checking
- Run code on MicroPython devices
- Flash Python files or folders to device
- MicroPython REPL
How to flash MicroPython to the device:
python -m esptool --port <path-to-device> --baud 115200 write_flash --flash_size detect --flash_mode dio 0 <path-to-micropython-image>