This is the firmware behind the vThing range of devices. It has a variety of sophisticated features targeted to decrease development and maintenance costs.
To reduce TCD efforts, the project is a real C++ project, with just a twist of Arduino in it. At some point of time the Arduino IDE and the limitation to only use INO files made the whole development quite complicated, so i decided to move it to Platform IO. So the steps to build it are as follows:
- Install PlatformIO IDE.
- Clone this repository and open in the IDE via File->Open Folder... (the root folder with the platformio.ini) file
- Build it via PlaformIO->Build - this will download the necessary platform files and build the project
- Upload it to your device. In platformio.ini, you can optionally specify BAUD Rate (e.g. upload_speed=256000), COM Port (e.g.upload_port=COM5) and board type (e.g. board=nodemcuv2)
Uploading latest built version
- Download the fw from here: http://anker-bg.com/vlast3k/vesprino/latest.bin
- Download the flashing tool for your OS from here: https://github.com/igrr/esptool-ck/releases/tag/0.4.9
- and then execute something like (replace the comport)
esptool -vv -cd nodemcu -cb 256000 -cp "COM5" -cf latest.bin