This code incompletely implements api from smsbrana connect api
You can call three commands :
- send_sms - sends sms
- inbox - shows status of your inbox (your sms on server) and sms delivery reports
- credit_info - how much credit you have left
It also provides notification callback view function. Which will be called upon arrival of new message into your inbox.
pip install git+git://github.com/vlinhart/django-smsbrana.git#egg=smsbrana add 'smsbrana' to the INSTALLED_APPS. add url(r'^smsbrana/', include('smsbrana.urls', namespace="smsbrana")) to urls.py
It's necessary to set several constants in settings.py:
SMS_CONNECT_LOGIN = username SMS_CONNECT_PASSWORD = passsword optional is: SMS_CONNECT_SECURE = True #if you want to use plaintext password sending, don't SMS_CONNECT_SENDER_ID = 'some sender id' #from smsbrana configuration
Have a look at the tests to see how the class SmsConnect is used. Basically like this:
sc = SmsConnect() result = sc.send_sms(number='777111222', message='msg') #there are more optional params #in result is a dict containing this keys - 'err','price','sms_count','credit','sms_id'
All API calls can raise SmsConnectException, you should handle it.
There are two signals provided.
- smsconnect_notification_received -- caled when view notification function is called, providing request and result of inbox API call
- smsconnect_sms_sent -- called when SMS is sent, provides phone_number, text and result of the API call
smsconnect_notification will handle notification calls from smsbrana.cz which will be issued upon new message arrival or sms delivery. It will fire the smsconnect_notification_received signal. This function is updating state of SentSms model instances, setting their flags, delivered and delivered_date.
You can use this model to track sent SMSes. Some helpful methods on the model are also provided.
- generate_sms_verification_code(length=6) -- if you want to use model for sending verification codes
- can_send_from_ip(ip, time_allowance=30) -- checks if there were smses sent from IP address in time_allowance seconds ago
- sms_to_number_delivered_in_last_hours(hours, phone_number) -- if to specified phone number SMS was delivered hours ago up to now
This is not exhaustive documentation, read the code.