Reggata is a tagging system for managing local files on your computer. More detailed description of Reggata features and the principles of how it works can be found on wiki pages https://github.com/vlkv/reggata/wiki. Also, there is a nice review of Reggata features available here http://reggata.findmysoft.com.
This is a very "young" project and I'm very interested about your opinion on it. Your comments and suggestions are very appreciated. Feel free to email me (email@example.com).
If you found a bug or maybe want to request a new feature then report it here https://github.com/vlkv/reggata/issues.
Reggata screenshots are here: http://sourceforge.net/project/screenshots.php?group_id=388265.
You can run Reggata under Windows and GNU/Linux. Source and binary packages can be downloaded from here https://sourceforge.net/projects/reggata/files/.
For Windows there are a binary packages reggata-<version>_win.zip. Download the package, unpack it and execute reggata.exe.
Debian and Ubuntu
Download python3-reggata_<version>_all.deb package and install it with dpkg:
$ sudo dpkg -i python3-reggata_<version>_all.deb
All Reggata dependencies are there in Debian Wheezy. Don't know about Ubuntu... but it should work also. After that you should be able to run Reggata just executing in shell
Installing from source
If you are going to run Reggata from source, you have to manually install all it's dependencies. They are:
- Python (>= 3.1.2) http://www.python.org/.
- Qt (>= 4.9.3) http://qt.nokia.com/.
- SIP (>= 4.11) http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/software/sip/download.
- PyQt4 (>= 4.9.3) http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/software/pyqt/download.
- SQLAlchemy (>= 0.7) http://www.sqlalchemy.org/.
- SQLite3 (>= 3.7) http://www.sqlite.org/.
- Ply (>= 3.4) http://www.dabeaz.com/ply/.
Notes for Windows users:
- You don't have to install SQLite3 as a separate package because it is included in standard Python distribution for Windows.
- PyQt4 binary installer for Windows is available at Riverbank Computing Ltd. official site (http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/software/pyqt/download). This installer contains Qt4, SIP and PyQt4.
Download reggata-<version>.tar.gz archive, unpack it and execute
$ sudo python3 setup.py install
After that you should be able to run Reggata just executing in shell
About the author
Reggata is created by Vitaly Volkov (nicknames: vlkv, vitvlkv). Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reggata is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
Reggata is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with Reggata. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/ .