This branch is for GTK 3.
The gtk-fortran project aims to offer scientists programming in Fortran a cross-platform library to build Graphical User Interfaces (GUI). Gtk-fortran is a partial GTK / Fortran binding 100% written in Fortran, thanks to the ISO_C_BINDING module for interoperability between C and Fortran, which is a part of the Fortran 2003 standard.
To install gtk-fortran, you can follow the instructions in the INSTALL file or the more detailed instructions of the project wiki: https://github.com/vmagnin/gtk-fortran/wiki
Please post bugs on GitHub: https://github.com/vmagnin/gtk-fortran/issues
Files in this directory
- README.md: the present file.
- CHANGELOG.md: list of the releases with main changes.
- CMakeLists.txt: main CMake instructions to build the project.
- codemeta.json: metadata about the project.
- INSTALL: installation instructions.
- LICENSE: text of the GNU GPL v3 license.
- meson.build: main Meson instructions to build the project (experimental feature).
- README-high-level: about the High Level part of the gtk-fortran library.
- VERSIONS: a CSV file with the gtk-fortran, GTK, GLib and Ubuntu versions.
Vincent MAGNIN, James TAPPIN, Jens HUNGER, Jerry DE LISLE, "gtk-fortran: a GTK+ binding to build Graphical User Interfaces in Fortran", Journal of Open Source Software, 4(34), 1109, 12th January 2019, https://doi.org/10.21105/joss.01109