Antrea is a Kubernetes networking solution intended to be Kubernetes native. It operates at Layer3/4 to provide networking and security services for a Kubernetes cluster, leveraging Open vSwitch as the networking data plane.
Open vSwitch is a widely adopted high-performance programmable virtual switch; Antrea leverages it to implement Pod networking and security features. For instance, Open vSwitch enables Antrea to implement Kubernetes Network Policies in a very efficient manner.
Antrea has been tested with Kubernetes clusters running version 1.16 or later.
NodeIPAMControllermust be enabled in the Kubernetes cluster.
When deploying a cluster with kubeadm the
--pod-network-cidr <cidr>option must be specified.
- Open vSwitch kernel module must be present on every Kubernetes node.
Getting started with Antrea is very simple, and takes only a few minutes. See how it's done in the Getting started document.
The Antrea community welcomes new contributors. We are waiting for your PRs!
- Before contributing, please get familiar with our Code of Conduct.
- Check out the Antrea Contributor Guide for information about setting up your development environment and our contribution workflow.
- Learn about Antrea's Architecture and design. Your feedback is more than welcome!
- Check out Open Issues.
- Join the Kubernetes Slack and look for our #antrea channel.
- Attend the project weekly meeting, every Wednesday at 9AM PST (5PM GMT).
- Join our mailing lists to always stay up-to-date with Antrea development:
Also check out @ProjectAntrea on Twitter!
Antrea currently supports the following features:
- IPv4 overlay network for a Kubernetes cluster. VXLAN, Geneve, GRE, or STT can be used as the encapsulation protocol.
- Kubernetes Network Policies implementation.
- Octant UI plugin for monitoring Antrea components, which publish runtime information as CRDs.
Antrea is a very young project. There is a very exciting list of features and integrations that we would like to add. A most likely incomplete list can be found on our Roadmap page. Feel free to throw your ideas in!
Antrea is licensed under the Apache License, version 2.0