Welcome to VMware Photon OS: Linux Container Host
Photon OS™ is an open source Linux container host optimized for cloud-native applications, cloud platforms, and VMware infrastructure. Photon OS provides a secure run-time environment for efficiently running containers. For an overview, see https://vmware.github.io/photon/.
This repository is intended for developers who want to modify Photon and build their own customized ISO images or contribute to the code base.
Photon OS 2.0 is here!
Photon OS 2.0 introduces new security and OS management capabilities, along with new and updated packages for Cloud native applications and VMware appliances.
- For download instructions and links to Photon OS binaries, go to the Download Guide in the github wiki.
- For an overview of changes, see What's New in Photon OS 2.0 in the github wiki.
Photon OS Resources
- Documentation: See the Docs folder.
- Security Updates: Visit Security-Advisories.
- Vagrant box: An official Vagrant box is available on Hashicorp Atlas, to get started:
vagrant init vmware/photon. A plugin to support Photon OS guests in Vagrant is available at https://github.com/vmware/vagrant-guests-photon. Some users have found that our Vagrant box requires VirtualBox 4.3 or later. If you have issues, please check your version.