This directory contains a collection of executable sample
scripts that use the pyVmomi library. There is a
directory that holds a collection of tools and a
directory that holds the tests for those tools.
Quality and License
Scripts are provided as-is by numerous contributors and the status of any sample at any point is subject to change. The project is intended as a collaborative exercise in community learning and may not contain best practice methods.
All samples revert to the license of the project and all ownership reverts to the community project.
- If a script is in this directory, it is an executable sample.
- conform to pep8
- avoid using any special tools beyond pyvmomi.
- do not extend the pyVmomi API in this project we have two separate projects dedicated to that.
- tests are appreciated but optional because of this sample quality must be manually assessed bug reports and fixes are much appreciated.
- A reviewer will pull a new sample for testing and will attempt to run the sample. If the reviewer can do this, the sample can be merged
- Question can be opened as issues at https://github.com/vmware/pyvmomi-community-samples/issues
- The IRC forum #pyvmomi is for developers working with pyVmomi