by Marty Schoch (firstname.lastname@example.org)
TouchDB-Android is the Android port of TouchDB by Jens Alfke (email@example.com). For information on the high-level goals of the project see the iOS README. This document will limit itself to Android specific issues and deviations from the iOS version.
- Ported core functionality present in TouchDB-iOS as of Jan 22.
- Unit tests pass
- Android 2.2 or newer
- Jackson JSON Parser/Generator
- Apache License 2.0
- Exception Handling in the current implementation makes things less readable. This was a deliberate decision I made to make it more of a literal port of the iOS version. Once the majority of code is in place and working I would like to revisit this and handle exceptions in more natural Android/Java way.
- Finish porting all of TDRouter so that all operations are supported
Running the Demo App (currently requires Eclipse)
- Import all 3 projects into Eclipse (TouchDB-Android, TouchDB-Android-Listener, TouchDB-Android-TestApp)
- Right-click on TouchDB-Android-TestApp select Properties, select the Android, then in the Library section press Add, select TouchDB-Android, press Add again and select TouchDB-Android-Listener, press OK
- Right-click on TouchDB-Android-TestApp select Run As, select Android Application
NOTE: the HTTP Listener uses TDRouter to respond to requests, and TDRouter is still incomplete. Only a small nuber of requests are currently supported.