I made this app to test what you can accomplish with current PWA technology (especially on iOS). My kids loved it, I hope you do too!
It's a word search game made with following web technology:
- Based on
- Service workers support
- Web Audio
- Cypress for end-to-end testing
yarn deploy # deploys on Netlify https://finding-nora.com`
Conclusions about PWA's
The results on iOS Safari are very promising I think. Lots of things are still missing, like no
Add to Homescreen popup and a hard refresh of the app every time you come back to it, but it does feel like a real app. It was even pretty kid proof, even though I wasn't able/willing to get rid of the pinch zooming.
- Sound files (squakk + nock + restart): https://freesound.org/people/yawfle/packs/367/
- Sound file HooYeah by LemonJolly: https://freesound.org/people/lemonjolly/sounds/273925/
- Background image: Jason Leung, Unsplash
- Beta testing by my daughter Nora