See how Voce Platforms makes WordPress fly for large, high-traffic, high-profile sites. From server configuration to must-have WordPress plugins to front end optimizations, you'll learn how to make WordPress scale, reduce server resources, and load quickly.
afterburner-ansible is a set of Ansible playbooks and tasks that complement the resources, guides and recommendations at afterburner.voceplatforms.com.
- System level tuning and optimizations
- Basic firewall via iptables and fail2ban with blocking of IP addresses that repeatedly send POST requests to various WordPress pages
- NGINX, tuned for WordPress with output level caching
- PHP-FPM, with ZendOptimizerPlus opcode caching
- memcached, for WordPress object level caching
- Percona MySQL
- Basic WordPress application setup (regular install or multi-site)
- Various utilities for monitoring the stack (htop, mytop, strace)
- A server (either bare metal or virtual) with at least 1GB of RAM.
- Ubuntu 12.04
- SSH access to your server as a user with 'sudo' ability
Setting up your server
First, get Ansible installed.
Once you have Ansible installed...
- Clone this repository and
./install. (this copies
.samplefiles for editing)
group_vars/files and change any variables needed to match your application/requirements.
hostsand supply the domain names of your server(s).
ansible.cfgand change any variables needed to run Ansible tasks against your server(s).
ansible all -m pingto ensure Ansible can connect to your hosts
Visit your application's domain name to view your WordPress install. The
wp-admin login details:
- Username: admin
- Password: nsgreoheare
It's strongly recommended you change the default
wp-admin login credentials.
- Allow configuring and setting up multiple applications and domains
- Add backup support (Tarnsap? Duplicity to S3?)
- Use ansible facts for wp-config.php database and memcached addresses
Pull requests and contributions more than welcome...
GPLv3, just like Ansible. Any other components and templates should be considered covered by their respective licenses.