I decided to fork the JNIBWAPI after working with it during a graduate school course. I found myself both exposing new methods from the C++ BWAPI and also adding and improving the existing code base. The API works, but there are a few reasons I forked it instead of asking for commit access to the original project.
- The original code did not use a build system and the first thing I changed was I setup a Maven project. I didn't want to force this change on the original authors.
- I prefer github's style of pull requests for sharing changes to a project.
- I would much rather use git instead of svn.
- You need Starcraft BroodWar installed and patched to the lastest version 1.16.1 either download the patch or connect to battle.net
- Download the current version of BWAPI, 3.7.2 at the time of writing, from here.
- Read the instructions in the BWAPI README.
- By now if you followed step 3 you should have installed chaoslauncher and copied files from the BWAPI folder to various places on your computer. You also should have edited your bwapi.ini file.
- If you want to run the ExampleAIClient:
- Run mvn package
- From the project folder run java -Djava.library.path=. -cp eisbot-0.2.1.jar eisbot.proxy.ExampleAIClient
- Now use chaoslauncher to launch StarCraft.