Plex Plugin for SmoothStreamsTV
Forked from https://bitbucket.org/stankness/sstv-plex-plugin/overview on 25 MAR 2017 Rewritten based of Cigaras IPTV Bundle in DEC 2017
This is a Plex plugin to access your SmoothStreamsTV account.
- Unzip the downloaded file and place the smoothstreams3.bundle folder in the correct location for your Plex Media Server platform � see here for details: https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201106098-How-do-Ifind-the-Plug-Ins-folder-
- Using a web browser open Plex Web (http://PLEXSEVERIP:32400/web/index.html) and select Channels
- SmoothstreamsTV should be in the Channels list now. Hover over the Smoothstreams channel and click on the cog to configure.
- You should then be able to open the Smoothstreams channel and start watching the streams
Set your username, password and service according to your provider.
Useful for faultfinding or for a simpler interface.
- No: Normal mode
- Yes: Channels only mode
- Yes (no EPG): Channels only mode with zero epg data
- Test: Has 6 different methods for launching channel 1 to help identify client issues.
This is an area where you can setup custom entries for the plugin's home page. This will do a search based on the terms. You can use any strings to match the title, description or category in the guide. Items are separated by a semicolon (;) so that you can make multiple entries.
US Sports:NFL NHL NBA Baseball;Devils:"New Jersey Devils";NBA;NFL
Would make six entries.
- All shows in the NHL category and any other shows with the term 'NHL' in the title or description. This will get a custom title of 'LiveNHL'
- All shows in the NFL category and shows with the term 'NFL' in the title or description
- All shows matching the words: NFL NHL NBA and Baseball with a custom title of 'US Sports'
- All shows matching the exact string "New Jersey Devils". This will get a custom title of 'Devils'
HLS or RTMP
Selection of video stream type. HLS is smoother but has a 15 sec delay compared to RTMP. If your client is only able to accept one type then you can enter it into the lists below. For a list of the correct terms to use refer client-platform in: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/190573/list-of-current-client-product-and-client-platform
Stream Quality (Select channels only)
Selection of Either Low Quality, High Quality or High Definition video streams
Number of Channels that carry multiple qualities
Set to 60 as currently only 60 channels respond to the above stream quality selections.
- On: Use the default, official guide which only shows live sporting events.
- Off: Use the extended guide (thanks fog) which shows content for all channels. This will make the plugin slower because of the larger guide information.
From version 0.5 the plugin will autoupdate, if this happens you may notice the plugin being slow or refreshing.
- Delete the smoothstreams2.bundle folder from your plugins folder location - https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201106098-How-do-I-find-thePlug-Ins-folder-
- Delete com.plexapp.plugins.smoothstreams3 - use this link to find the location depending on platform- https://support.plex.tv/hc/enus/articles/202967376-Clearing-Plugin-Channel-Agent-HTTP-Caches
- Delete com.plexapp.plugins.smoothstreams3 from the Data folder. Use the above link and change Caches for Data on the end of the string to find the location. Change %LOCALAPPDATA%\Plex Media Server\Plug-in Support\Caches\ to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Plex Media Server\Plug-in Support\Data
Report issues preferably on SSTV forums. If possible share the most recent log file from PLEXHOMEDIR/Logs/PMS Plugins Logs/com.plexapp.plugins.smoothstreamstv.log
Issue: "Not enough bandwidth for any playback of this item. Cannot convert to below minimum bandwidth of 77kbps" Possible Causes: Upload limit set on server. Remote/Internet Quality not set to 'Original' on Client. Exhibited on PMS versions since ~Jun 2017.
Issue: Streams stop every XX minutes. Possible Cause: Regional Server issues, try a different one.