"Golden Age of American Animation" (1928 - 1970) as GraphQL API.
Some of the resources that were used to make this API work:
- Big Cartoon Database
- The Internet Animation Database
- "Golden Age of American Animation" on Wiki
- List of animation studios on Wiki
- "The 50 Greatest Cartoons: As Selected by 1,000 Animation Professionals" (1994 book by Jerry Beck) on Wiki
- "Of Mice and Magic: A History of American Animated Cartoons" (1987 book by Leonard Maltin and Jerry Beck) on Google Books
If you see some discrepancies in data or you want to extend it, please edit necessary
.yml files in data folder and make pull request.
For now only characters, studios that produced them and some cartoon shorts info is present. In longer term it would be also great to include more data on animators that worked on the characters as well as distributors. If you've made some research and have some valid data, please consider contributing.
npm i npm test npm run dev