Netbeans plugin to report code measurements generated by phpcs, phpmd, phpcpd and pdepend as tasks and annotations.
- open Tools -> Plugins and select the "Available Plugins" tab
- search and install phpcsmd
- Download and install the latest release from here http://plugins.netbeans.org/plugin/42434
- check out this repository and open it with Netbeans
- right click the project and select "Install/Reload in Development IDE"
- Open Tools->Options->PHP->PHPCSMD to configure the plugin
- You can scan files and folders by right clicking on the file/folder or source code and choose "Check for violations" or "Scan with Pdepend"
- Right click on the PHP-Project and choose Properties -> PHPCSMD to set project specific settings
- enable "try threading analysis" to prevent Netbeans from freezing during scan
- enable "update on save" to rescan the file each time you save
- Open "Action Items" by pressing Ctrl + 6 to get a nice overview of all your violations
- enter ".(svn|git)" (or any other regex) to prevent this files/folders from being scanned
- first configure the path to phpcs, click "show standards" and choose your favorite standard you can also enter a path to standard in the "--standard" option if your favorite standard is not installed in pear
- enable "Use tabs to organize PdependReport" and "Create JDepend statistics" to get a better view on the metrics
- Deactivate "Create JDepend statics" if you don't care about package abstraction/instability to increase the pdepend performance
- activate PHPCPD folder scan to detect duplicated source code between your source files '''NOTE''': files with violations will be rescanned on save (if activated) until all phpcpd violations have been eliminated.
I would like to thank Hugo Fonseca for his suggestions, bug reports and inspirations.