Sinatra Boilerplate is a lightweight project skeleton for getting a Sinatra project up and running as quickly as possible.
Once you have cloned the project onto your machine, run:
This will show you some helpful tasks that Sinatra Boilerplate provides.
After you have done that run:
And browse to localhost:4567. Here you will find more information regarding how files are organized within the project.
- Rake tasks to automatically update JQuery and Twitter Bootstrap (if you don't wish to use these, there is a task to remove them)
- Helpers for partials, flash messages and detecting mobile devices
- Sass/Scss, with a rake task to automatically compile a minified version of your stylesheets.
- Datamapper (see Gemfile and main.rb for instructions on deploying to Heroku)
- Minitest (the rake task will still work if you choose to use TestUnit)
- Rake stats task
- Replace JQuery Mobile with responsive Bootstrap layouts
- Lots more still under consideration
If you have any problems or you're using this for something let me know!