Learning Some New Stuff
I started a new job that, in addition to using Swift 4.2 over my usual iOS language of Objective-C, also uses a ton of other libraries & tooling.
This project is an extension of the RIBs tutorial, and is an attempt to learn some of these new iOS dev tools.
- Swift 4.1, Apple's long-term replacement for Objective-C 2.0
- RIBs, Uber's pattern replacement for MVC to allow for team-scaleable, testable, business-logic-driven mobile apps
- SnapKit, DSL for AutoLayout
- ReactiveX, specifically RxSwift, multi-language reactive programming API to reduce dependence on state management
- Clone the repo
- Install CocoaPods if you haven't already with
$ sudo gem install cocoapods
- Install the dependencies with
$ pod install
- Open the newly generated workspace,