Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 31 million developers.Sign up
This is a major release that adds full support for Java 9+ (up to Java 11 inclusive). Additionally, there are a lot of improvements for Java agents functionality.
- Tools now supports Java 11 bytecode.
- All artifacts are multi-versioned modular JAR-s that works with Java versions 1.6 to 11.
- Shaded version of ObjectWeb ASM 7.0 is used instead of "raw" ASM.
- commons-logging (outdated, non-modular) is replaced with SLF4J (modular).
- In generated classes marker static field is replaced with marker continuation
@Skip-- necessary to let agents re-transform classes when attached dynamically (it's forbidden to add methods/fields, even static ones).
- Run-time Java agents now correctly re-transform classes.
- Checking core java classes by name is replaced with checks by classloader, anything below
System Class Loader(boot + extension, or platform) is considered a source of core java classes.
- Checks for marker interfaces that mark non-continuable classes is now externalized and extensible
- Some extensions to SPI interfaces are introduced to support functionality mentioned above.