trackhub is a Python package for handling the creation and uploading of
track hubs for the UCSC Genome Browser (see
http://genome.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/help/hgTrackHubHelp.html for more info)
Some reasons for using
trackhub to manage your track hubs:
- filename handling: automatic (yet still completely configurable, if needed) handling of filenames and directory structure
- uploading: upload a full hub -- hub/genomes/trackdb files, plus all data files (bam/bigWig/bigBed) -- via rsync over ssh
- validation: mechanisms for handling validation of parameters so errors are [hopefully] caught prior to uploading
- rapid deployment: mapping local filenames to remote filenames on the host enables rapid updating of the hub with new or updated data (e.g., when analysis parameters change)
- flexibility: support for simple hubs up through complex composite hubs with views and subtracks
- extensible: provides a framework for working with hub components, allowing new functionality to be easily added
Full documentation, including a full in-depth tutorial, can be found at http://packages.python.org/trackhub.
trackhub is still under active development and should be considered an
alpha version. Please open an issue on github
(https://github.com/daler/trackhub/issues) if you run into problems.
Copyright 2012 Ryan Dale; BSD 2-clause license.