- Supervisor Services Catalog
- vSAN Data Persistence Platform (vDPP) Services:
- Backup & Recovery Service
- Certificate Management Service
- Cloud Native Registry Service
- Kubernetes Ingress Controller Service
- Service Discovery Service
Supervisor Services Catalog
Discover current Supervisor Services offered to support modern applications through vSphere Services. New service will be added overtime with the goal to continue to empower your DevOps communities.
Supervisor Services are only available with Supervisor Clusters enabled using NSX-T.
vSAN Data Persistence Platform (vDPP) Services:
vSphere with Tanzu offers the vSAN Data Persistence platform. The platform provides a framework that enables third parties to integrate their cloud native service applications with underlying vSphere infrastructure, so that third-party software can run on vSphere with Tanzu optimally.
- Using vSAN Data Persistence Platform (vDPP) with vSphere with Tanzu documentation
- Avaliable vDPP Services documentation
Partner Documentation Links:
- MinIO partner documentation
- Cloudian partner documentation
- Dell ObjectScale partner documentation
Backup & Recovery Service
Velero vSphere Operator helps users install Velero and its vSphere plugin on a vSphere with Kubernetes Supervisor cluster. Velero is an open source tool to safely backup and restore, perform disaster recovery, and migrate Kubernetes cluster resources and persistent volumes.
- Service install documentation
Velero vSphere Operator CLI Versions
This is a prerequisite for a cluster admin install.
- Download latest version: Velero vSphere Operator CLI - v1.3.0
- Download: Velero vSphere Operator CLI - v1.2.0
- Download: Velero vSphere Operator CLI - v1.1.0
- Download latest version: Velero vSphere Operator v1.3.0
- Download: Velero vSphere Operator v1.2.0
- Download version: Velero vSphere Operator v1.1.0
Certificate Management Service
ClusterIssuers are Kubernetes resources that represent certificate authorities (CAs) that are able to generate signed certificates by honoring certificate signing requests. All cert-manager certificates require a referenced issuer that is in a ready condition to attempt to honor the request.
- Service install - Follow steps 1 - 5 in the documentation then continue to the bullet point below.
- Read Service Configuration to understand how to install your root CA into the ca-clusterissuer.
CA Cluster Issuer Versions
- Download latest version: ca-clusterissuer v0.0.2
- Download version: ca-clusterissuer v0.0.1
CA Cluster Issuer Sample
- We do not provide any default values for this package. Instead, we encourage that you generate certificates. Please read How-To Deploy a self-signed CA Issuer and Request a Certificate for information on how to create a self-signed certificate.
Cloud Native Registry Service
Harbor is an open source trusted cloud native registry project that stores, signs, and scans content. Harbor extends the open source Docker Distribution by adding the functionalities usually required by users such as security, identity and management. Having a registry closer to the build and run environment can improve the image transfer efficiency. Harbor supports replication of images between registries, and also offers advanced security features such as user management, access control and activity auditing.
- The contour package is a prerequisite for Harbor, so that must be installed first.
- Follow the instructions under Installing and Configuring Harbor on a Supervisor.
- Download latest version: Harbor v2.5.3
- Download the latest version: values for v2.5.3. For details about each of the required properties, see the configuration details page.
Kubernetes Ingress Controller Service
Contour is an Ingress controller for Kubernetes that works by deploying the Envoy proxy as a reverse proxy and load balancer. Contour supports dynamic configuration updates out of the box while maintaining a lightweight profile.
- Service install - Follow steps 1 - 5 in the documentation.
- Download latest version: Contour v1.18.2
- Download the latest version: values for v1.18.2. These values can be used as-is and require no configuration changes.
Service Discovery Service
ExternalDNS publishes DNS records for applications to DNS servers, using a declarative, Kubernetes-native interface. This operator connects to your DNS server (not included here). For a list of supported DNS providers and their corresponding configuration settings, see the upstream external-dns project.
- On Supervisors where Harbor is deployed with Contour, ExternalDNS may be used to publish a DNS hostname for the Harbor service.
- Download latest version: ExternalDNS v0.11.0
- Because of the large list of supported DNS providers, we do not supply complete sample configuration values here. If you're deploying ExternalDNS with Harbor and Contour, make sure to include
source=contour-httpproxyin the configuration values. An incomplete example of the service configuration is included below. Make sure to setup API access to your DNS server and include authentication details with the service configuration.
deployment: args: - --source=contour-httpproxy - --source=service - --log-level=debug