This is a YOURLS plugin to allow users to change their password via the administration interface and stores a hashed version in the configuration file. You can enforce minimum length and some complexity requirements.
- YOURLS version 1.7 or greater
- Passwords must already be hashed by YOURLS
/user/pluginscreate a directory named
- Copy these files to that directory
- Activate this plugin on the manage plugins page
By default this plugin enforces a minimum password length of 6 characters. You can change that and also enforce any of the following:
- Require at least one digit
- Require at least one special character
- Require both uppercase and lowercase letters
Place the following directives at the end of
config.php and change them to meet your needs:
/** * Settings for Change Password plugin */ define('VVA_CHANGE_PASSWORD_MINIMUM_LENGTH', 6 ); define('VVA_CHANGE_PASSWORD_USE_DIGITS', FALSE ); define('VVA_CHANGE_PASSWORD_USE_SPECIAL', FALSE ); define('VVA_CHANGE_PASSWORD_USE_UPPERCASE', FALSE );
If a new version of YOURLS implements user management in the database this plugin will be obsolete. This is intended as a workaround until then.