vvctre is a Nintendo 3DS emulator based on Citra for Windows and Linux.
vvctre is licensed under the GPLv2 (or any later version). Refer to the license.txt file included.
vvctre uses the first existing option.
- On Windows:
- On Linux:
~/.local/share/vvctrefor everything except
~/.config/vvctrefor files in
- GPU with OpenGL >= 3.3
- 64-bit Windows >= 8.1
- 64-bit Ubuntu >= 18.04 with packages:
Ways to use:
- Open vvctre
- Drop a file on vvctre
vvctre in a terminal.
For a list of commands and options, run
- SemVer versions instead of a simple numbers and random strings
- Headless mode (doesn't create a window, can be controlled with RPC)
- Supported apps
- Everything Citra supports
- 3DSident <= 0.7.9
- Error messages in vvctre and Citra's GUI, but not Citra's CLI:
- You are running default Windows drivers for your GPU. You need to install the proper drivers for your graphics card from the manufacturer's website.
- Your GPU may not support OpenGL 3.3, or you do not have the latest graphics driver.
- Better RPC
- Camera support
- No multiplayer rooms, multiplayer will work out of the box, and anyone can host the multiplayer server.
- Movies created with any Citra build can't be played.
- Movies created with vvctre can't be played on any Citra build.
- Different folder for mods. put mods (Luma3DS folder structure) in
- Different RPC server.