#Rails Ready for Debian Lenny
##Get a full Ruby on Rails stack up very fast on Debian Lenny
UPDATE: it also works for Debian 6.0x Squeeze
This project is inspired by https://github.com/joshfng/railsready/ by Joshua Frye which refers to Ubuntu Server 10.04 LTS. Check it out!
##Run this on a fresh Debian Lenny install.
wget --no-check-certificate https://github.com/vysogot/railsready-debian-lenny/raw/master/railsready-debian-lenny.sh && bash railsready-debian-lenny.sh
- If you want to watch the install log run
tail -f ~/rails_install.login a next shell (ALT+ for non-gui)
##What this gives you?
In order of being installed:
- an updated system with necessary packages
- SQLite3 from lenny-backports
- Ruby 1.9.2-p136 on RVM
- Configure Ruby for Debian
- Bundler, Passenger, and Rails gems
- Apache + Phusion Passenger slightly configured
##What you should do by yourself?
- Create new rails appliaction
- Configure Apache virtual host that points to it
- Browse the app :)
Please note: If you are running on a super slow connection your sudo session may timeout and you'll have to enter your password again.
I use this to setup VMs. For any suggestions: firstname.lastname@example.org