- R7RS Tangerine, Polydactyl Gerbil, Class Sealing and more.
- Overhauled std/make library and parallelized builds.
- Configure and install scripts.
- Overhauled documentation, with a beautiful new logo!
- A new Gitter chat room at https://gitter.im/gerbil-scheme/community
in-rangehas been renamed to
in-iota, with a new
in-rangecompatible with Racket
See the full CHANGELOG in https://github.com/vyzo/gerbil/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md
The highlight of this release is full support for R7RS Red edition and
many new libraries, improvements and bug fixes.
- For MacOS users: Gerbil is in homebrew now!
- We have launched the gerbil package directory.
- The Gerbil Treadmill is a new emacs mode by edw.
- New documentation structure, with documentation rendered online at cons.io.
- The compiler has been greatly improved, with a new match/syntax-case optimizer
and full program optimization for static executables. It also performs arity checking for all
direct calls to known procedures.
- The expander has been tuned for performance, resulting in 2x gxi load time reduction.
- R7RS coverage has been greatly improved, fixing most modified R5RS procedures to
comply to the new specification.
This is a big release, with over 1500 commits, which brings many new features, libraries and fixes.
It requires Gambit v4.8.9.
- gxpkg: the Gerbil package manager has arrived, and with it gerbil.pkg for implicit package declarations.
- gxtags: emacs TAGS for Gerbil sources.
- gxprof: the gerbil profiler
- there is an fast embedded http server in the stdlib.
- there is a pure Gerbil PostgreSQL driver and the MySQL driver is now threaded.
- the generics library has been rewritten to do type-based dispatch with a polymorphic cache.
- the actor RPC subsystem has been rewritten for greatly improved performance and syncing for streams.
- there is a extensive support for programming with raw devices and sockets.
- there is a network repl.
- std/misc has been populated with a zoo of utility libraries.
For the full details refer to the ChangeLog