Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 36 million developers.Sign up
The highlight of this release is full support for R7RS Red edition and
many new libraries, improvements and bug fixes.
- For MacOS users: Gerbil is in homebrew now!
- We have launched the gerbil package directory.
- The Gerbil Treadmill is a new emacs mode by edw.
- New documentation structure, with documentation rendered online at cons.io.
- The compiler has been greatly improved, with a new match/syntax-case optimizer
and full program optimization for static executables. It also performs arity checking for all
direct calls to known procedures.
- The expander has been tuned for performance, resulting in 2x gxi load time reduction.
- R7RS coverage has been greatly improved, fixing most modified R5RS procedures to
comply to the new specification.
This is a big release, with over 1500 commits, which brings many new features, libraries and fixes.
It requires Gambit v4.8.9.
- gxpkg: the Gerbil package manager has arrived, and with it gerbil.pkg for implicit package declarations.
- gxtags: emacs TAGS for Gerbil sources.
- gxprof: the gerbil profiler
- there is an fast embedded http server in the stdlib.
- there is a pure Gerbil PostgreSQL driver and the MySQL driver is now threaded.
- the generics library has been rewritten to do type-based dispatch with a polymorphic cache.
- the actor RPC subsystem has been rewritten for greatly improved performance and syncing for streams.
- there is a extensive support for programming with raw devices and sockets.
- there is a network repl.
- std/misc has been populated with a zoo of utility libraries.
For the full details refer to the ChangeLog