W3C Credentials Community Group Work Items
The following work items are managed by this group:
- DID Methods Registry - A list of all known Decentralized Identifier Methods.
- VC Status Method Registry - A list of all known Verifiable Credential Status Methods.
- Linked Data Cryptographic Suite Registry - A list of all known Linked Data Cryptographic Suites.
- Linked Data Key Format Registry - A list of known Linked Data Key Formats.
- Decentralized Identifiers (DID) 1.0 - A decentralized, self-sovereign mechanism for creating and proving ownership over identifiers
- DID Use Cases - Coordinate input and create a first draft use case document for input from the community.
- Credential Handler API and Polyfill - Web browser extensions for verifiable credentials exchange.
- Privacy & Security Requirements for Credentials Ecosystem
- Engagement Model
- Data Minimization & Selective Disclosure
- Educational and Occupational Verifiable Credentials
- Digital Verification Specifications - Digital Verification is a task force within the Credentials Community Group.
- Object Capabilities for Linked Data
- Document W3C-CCG Process
- Draft: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vj811aUbs8GwZUNo-LIFBHafsz4rZTSnRtPv7RQaqNc/edit#
- Close of work item process
- Community Report Process
- Note: lack of "Close of work item process" is blocking closing of other work items
- Registries Process - Need spectext version
- DID Engagement spreadsheet Lionel Wolberger and Adrian Gropper
Potential Work Items -- Not Accepted
The following specifications were incubated in this group and are now undergoing international standardization:
- Verifiable Claims Use Cases 1.0 - Use Cases for claims that are cryptographically secure, privacy respecting, and automatically verifiable
- Verifiable Claims Data Model 1.0 - A standard mechanism for expressing items such as driver's licenses, employee ID cards, proofs of age, and other sorts of claims in a way that is cryptographically secure, privacy respecting, and automatically verifiable.