Repository for EPUB 3 Revisions
As of August 14, 2020, the EPUB 3 Working Group is now the maintainer of the EPUB 3 specifications.
Editor's Drafts of documents under active development:
- EPUB 3 Overview
- EPUB 3.3 (On Recommendation track)
- EPUB Reading Systems 3.3 (On Recommendation track)
- EPUB Structural Semantics Vocabulary 1.1
- EPUB 3 Text-to-Speech Enhancements 1.0
- EPUB Accessibility 1.1 (On Recommendation track)
- EPUB Accessibility Techniques 1.1
- W3C EPUB Accessibility - EU Accessibility Act Mapping
The EPUB 3.3 revision started on September 11, 2020. It is chartered to run until February 2023.
For more information about the meeting schedule, how to join or participate, etc., please consult the group's home page, or contribute to this repository via issues and comments.
EPUB 3 Current Version
The current version of EPUB 3 is EPUB 3.2.
This version was published on May 8, 2019, by the former EPUB 3 Community Group.
The following links provide filtered views of the currently open issues:
Note: Issues for specifications not actively maintained have now been marked as abadoned and closed. These issues may be resurrected in the future if work is resumed on their respective specifications.
The contents of each folder are as follows:
archive-- Specifications that are no longer in active development either because the revision has finished or work has been abandoned.
epub33-- The specifications being revised as part of the 3.3 revision.
registries-- The registry documents cited by the EPUB specifications.
Contributing to the Repository
Use the standard fork, branch, and pull request workflow to propose changes to the specification. Please make branch names informative—by including the issue or bug number for example.
Editorial changes that improve the readability of the spec or correct spelling or grammatical mistakes are welcome.
Please read CONTRIBUTING.md, about licensing contributions.
See the following for access to meeting minutes, sub-group work, discussions, etc. for past revisions:
- EPUB 3.0 - Available as a set of markdown files in the archive directory of this repository.
- EPUB 3.0.1 - Available as document files from Google Drive.
- EPUB 3.1 - Available as document files from Google Drive.
- EPUB 3.2 - Available from the EPUB 3 Community Group wiki.
Refer to the EPUB 3 Working Group's home page for information about the current revision.
Code of Conduct
W3C functions under a code of conduct.