This is a production-ready release of EPUBCheck, which provides complete support for checking conformance to the EPUB 3.2 family of specifications.
The changes since the release candidate include the addition of the new
voicing link relationship, improved checking of trailing whitespace in mimetype files, as well as a couple other bug fixes or minor improvements (see details below). For a complete list of changes since the last production-ready version (v4.1.1), please refer to the release notes of the 4.2.0-x alpha, beta, and release candidate.
The translations of error messages have been updated for the following locales: Danish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, and Spanish.
This release was made by the DAISY Consortium, for the W3C. Many thanks to everyone who contributed!
This EPUBCheck version is also available in the Maven Central Repository as
Tip: If you are running EPUBCheck on a 32bit JVM and getting lots of errors, try to increase the Java Thread Stack Size: https://github.com/w3c/epubcheck/wiki/Running#troubleshooting
- add new 'voicing' link relationship (97e9f1c)
- allow any role on
aelem with no
href(b9ed8f6), closes #1022
- check trailing spaces in mimetype file (123c69f)
- remove restrictions on MathML annotation-xml (8a1b650), closes #1024
- report ZIP checks after the 'Validating…' message (73b0ee8), closes #1025
- update localizedmessages for Danish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, and Spanish. (2f0d1716)