Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
epubcheck TF meeting minutes and summaries
We will make the old Google group read-only and invite all members to join the CG
- We now have a new Mailing List at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign up by sending an email with subject "subscribe" or manage your subscription at this page.
- Old google group will be closed soon.
Updates to GitHub Repo
- Tobias edited the Work Plan to make it more readable for non-technical people
Milestones and Next Steps
- Maintenance release is almost ready. Romain and Tobias are finalizing details by mid-November.
- Day-to-day support for epubcheck issue triage is needed
- Outstanding issues for EPUB 3.1 support
- Cleaning test suite - old approach was not working. Require some people with java knowledge. People who know EPUB can work on the EPUBs for now.
- Complete Diff Document to identify scope of 3.1 support.
- Create 3.1 tests
Why is no one doing their homework?
- There is some confusion about what needs to be done
- Tobias will submit sample PR shortly to demo how to clean up a test file
- Testers should select the tests that interest them and submit PRs
Updates on action items from last meeting
- Naomi Kennedy will finish documenting Packages changes from 3.0.1 to 3.1 by end of week. NK will work on CMTs and Nav. Need volunteers for the rest of the spec.
- Site reorg proposal by brady and garth: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1v7-aSgdA-6dd-5zOTOqwAJGlh2Aa4hYFX1TcCdDesYo/edit#heading=h.ymvhjyrr5mdi (consensus on unzipped files)
Test Suite Cleanup
- Romain wrote instructions for site reorg
- People with GitHub experience should contact Tzviya to volunteer with site cleanup (timeline: end of July)
Maintenance Release 4.1
- There are about 15 open issues that must be addressed by one person and reviewed by another before maintenance release. Contact Tzviya to volunteer (timeline: July/Aug 2017)
- Juli volunteered to help Iris with Marketing around 4.1 rel (timeline: end of July)
Documenting 3.0.1 to 3.1
- Matt Garrish created a list of changes from EPUB 3.0.1 to 3.1
- Naomi Kennedy volunteered to log issues related to Packages - will complete by end of June
epubcheck 4.1 Maintenance release
- The group agreed to release epubcheck 4.1, a maintenance release with no updates for EPUB 3.1
- Marketing materials MUST include statements that explain that update including 3.1 is coming, ideally with a date
Site and Test Suite cleanup
- Romain offered overview of needs cleanup needs
- Tzviya will propose naming convention
- Brady and Garth will recommend organizational structure
- Dave will provide minimal EPUB test file
- Timeline: End of June
- The goal is to ensure that each test file tests only one thing
- Tzviya will assign each member of the TF 10 files to review and clean after suite cleanup is complete
- Romain will provide basic instructions about what to do once basic site cleanup is complete
- Timeline: mid-July
Clone this wiki locally
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.