Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
W3C WAI Website Redesign Information
On this page:
The redesigned W3C WAI website makes it easier to get information to help you improve web accessibility. The visual design, information architecture, navigation, and overall user experience is all new.
The redesign makes it easier to skim pages, read content, find specific information, and discover new resources. It's also easier for the community to be involved in improving resources.
Much of the content is revised. We plan to revise more content in the coming months.
Planned Changes and Known Issues
- Planned change: Visual design enhancements - more graphics, more color.
- Known issue: Some pages in the old design do not redirect to the new design. (Some are not in the new design, and we'll be adding information on those.)
- Known issue: expand-collapse buttons in NVDA
- Several minor tweaks listed as Issues in GitHub
How to Comment
For comments on the overall site (user interface, navigation, accessibility, etc.):
- Create a new GitHub issue under /w3c/wai-website/issues for each point
- If you are not comfortable with GitHub, send e-mail to email@example.com
For comments on the content, please use the links under "Help improve this page" on the specific page. We prefer for you to create a new GitHub issue or pull request. If you're not comfortable with GitHub, you can send e-mail to the link on that page.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this redesign — including visual design, usability testing, and more.
- Eric Eggert
- Shawn Lawton Henry
- Brent Bakken
- Alicia Frausto
- James Green
- Sharron Rush
- Charlotte Wise