Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
Web Authentication Working Draft rev 5 (WD-05) is officially published here: https://www.w3.org/TR/2017/WD-webauthn-20170505/
The latest official WebAuthn spec release is always available here: https://www.w3.org/TR/webauthn/
Please note that this spec is only a Working DRAFT and will change, possibly in "breaking" ways. While not a candidate recommendation, this version is informally intended by the working group to be an Implementer’s Draft, which will be used for experimenting with implementations of the API.
WebAuthn WD-05 features many significant changes from the prior version:
- Alignment with Credential Management (CredMan): https://w3c.github.io/webappsec-credential-management/
- Using the term Public Key Credentials rather than Scoped Credentials
- Algorithms updated to more precisely define their operations and to be CredMan compatible
- Expanded and more explicit specification of the extensions framework
- Terminology expansion and polishing
- and more...
PDF side-by-side text-only Diff: http://kingsmountain.com/doc/diff/diff-webauthn-index-master-tr-dda3e24-WD-05--from--index-master-tr-ce7925c-WD-04.pdf