We welcome developers to engage with us on any development project related to the Web 3 ecosystem, and in particular any development that relates to Polkadot.
Polkadot ecosystem issues
Here are some of the important issues that we would love for the community to collaborate with us on:
Build Core technology:
- Write and implement new parachains.
- Create an alternate implementation of Substrate in another language (e.g. C++, Go).
- Create alternate implementations of the Polkadot nodes (validators, collators) in another language (e.g. C++, Go).
Test core technology:
- Test the available code by building nodes: e.g. PoC2.
- Test the available user interfaces and interact with the network.
- Help to find bugs and security vulnerabilities.
Create general ecosystem components:
Web3 ecosystem issues
The issues in this section will be better defined in the future. However, to gain an understanding of how we view the Web 3 ecosystem we suggest looking at our proposed tech stack. We are keen to speak with teams working towards making the Web 3 vision a reality.
If you would like to develop a new parachain or write an alternative implementation of our software, then we would appreciate if you contacted us and have a chat. While it isn't a strict requirement to contact us, we think there is a lot to be gained from having discussion and working together. The following list is a typical set of requirements that we would like to know about you and your team.
- Name (lead person), plus team members' names (if relevant)
- Send us an email with the relevant members CC'ed
- GitHub links
- LinkedIn profile links
- Brief description of team's background
- Project Name
- Project description (brief)
- Project plan/roadmap with relevant milestones
If funding is required, please indicate:
- Plan for use of funds
- Total previous project funding