Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Substrate is a product created by Parity Technologies and is Parity's implementation of a Polkadot Runtime Environment. Substrate is a software development framework to build blockchain technologies. Substrate can be used to create standalone blockchains or to build (native) parachains.
Out of the box, Substrate comes with the following parts
- an efficient, deterministic, sandboxed WebAssembly runtime
- an optional runtime module library that helps you build your runtime at minimal cost
- Substrate Developer Hub
- Creating a custom Substrate chain
- Deploying a Substrate Node chain
- How to build a custom Substrate Module from scratch
- "What is Substrate?" by Jack Fransham.
- "Substrate in a nutshell" by Dmitriy Kashitsyn.
- "Substrate testnet launched" by Phil Lucsok.
- "Launch a blockchain in minutes with Substrate" by Phil Lucsok.
- Technical community chat on Riot.
- Gavin Wood presents Parity Substrate at EventHorizon18. Slides: Substrate Overview.
- Robert Habermeier presents Parity Substrate at the Berlin Truebit Meetup.
- Gavin Wood demonstrates launching a blockchain on Parity Substrate at Web3 Summit. Slides: Substrate Demo.
- Gavin Wood and Sergei Shulepov give a workshop on Substrate at DotCon-0.