Omega Issue Tracker
Traditional issue trackers emphasize metadata and workflow and tend to add considerable overhead to a project. They make little sense for small, highly collaborative teams.
Ω is not traditional. It facilitates squashing issues, not documenting their life stories. No administrivia. No bloat.
Initial version created during a Big Idea Day at Pulse Energy, where it is actively being used.
- you never need to refresh to get updates
- chat with team members in the same context
- optional growl-like notifications even outside the browser (Chrome only, for now)
- single page
- workflow: open, assign, close
- priority: critical or not
- if you need metadata, like component or severity, just include it in the description
Coming soon: support for multiple projects on a single instance of Ω.
Once node.js (with npm) is installed, run
npm install omega -g.
Start the server:
omega [-p <port>] [-db <file>]
<port> - Where the server listens for connections. Defaults to 1337.
<file> - Where issues are persisted as json. Defaults to "issues".
Then just open a browser to http://localhost:1337 or wherever.
Ω is unit tested using Jasmine. Open
tests/SpecRunner.html to run the tests.