Anti-Social Club for iOS
(Removed from the App Store)
The Anti-Social Club is a cross-platform fully anonymous message board for students at the University at Buffalo to exchange ideas, photos, events, and other campus related information. In order to join, you must be a student at UB and have been invited by an existing member. Each member invited by another student receives one access key, allowing them to invite one friend into the club. Students who sign up with Pioneer access keys shown on the flyers will receive two access keys.
The Anti-Social Club is in no way, shape, or form affiliated with, or run by, the University at Buffalo.
Table of Contents
- Email Verification
- Checked with SUNY Buffalo's student directory to confirm the user is a student at UB
- Emailed a verification code after UB student confirmation
- Infinity Scrolling
- As the user scrolls down, more posts load
- Composing Posts
- Users may include a picture if they choose
- Once a post has a certain amount of reports, the user will be warned about the content and required to tap to reveal that post
- Voting on Posts
- Users can only vote once on a post
- Following Posts / Notifications
- Users may long press on a post to follow it, displaying a colored bar on the left side
- Users will receive notifications whenever someone comments or votes on that followed post
- Users automagically follow the posts they compose
- Anonymous Commenting
- Different users will have a different randomly generated color unique to that post
- The owner of the post will have a comment with a bolded font and the app's teal color
- Access Keys
- Needed to create an account.
- Each member invited by another student receives one access key, allowing them to invite one friend into the club.
- Students who sign up with Pioneer access keys shown on the flyers will receive two access keys.
- Admin: able to permanently ban and silence
- Moderator: able to temporarily ban and silence
- Pioneer: given two access keys for getting an access key from a flyer
- Member: given one access key for getting an access key from another user
- If you are designated as Moderator or Admin and long press on a post, in addition to being able to follow the post, you are able to silence (not allowing to comment or post) or ban a user.
- SwiftJSON - Used to make it easy to deal with JSON data in Swift.
- AlamoFire - Used to communicate with the backend
- Fusuma - Used instead of UIImagePickerController
- Fabric - Used for analytics
- Whisper - Used for in-app notifications
- Spring - Used for animations
- Firebase Core Messaging - Used for cross-platform messaging