Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
This prerelease allows using GCS with default service account credentials.
Also, fixed one more bug in the retry logic of backup-fetch.
This is an experimental version with a major refactoring of the storage logic.
This refactoring allowed to include support of Google Cloud Storage and file system for storage platform.
lz4 codec is updated to fix lz4 issues of v0.2.0.
Also, @Savichev-Igor restructured files structure and build logic to make it easier to dive in for future contributors.
This is a pre-release with new cool features:
- WAL-delta technology speed up delta backup dramatically
- Page prefault speed up WAL replay by warming page cache of file system
- Brotli encoder is now supported
Severe WAL delete error fixed.
Due to incorrect WAL window computation, WAL retention window could be much narrower than oldest backups. LATEST backup would still recovery correctly (including PITR), but older backups could miss necessary WALs for recovery.
The issue was introduced in v0.1.13 (2018-10-27) with commit 8791dfe , version v0.1.12 is not affected.
In future releases delete tests will be covered by integration e2e test, this release includes only unit tests.
Also, this release includes some minor error formatting enhancements.
- Zstd is temporarily disabled due to corruption reports. We have reproduction and working on fixing the issue. The issue arises on delta backups with a base larger than few Tb on highly concurrent uploads. More info can be found here and here.
- Fixed WAL prefetch. WALs close to the end of the current timeline were downloaded without parallelism.
- Backup-fetch now retries failed tars with decreasing concurrency to mitigate issues of S3 implementations with throttling on the server side.
- WAL-G now has end-to-end integration tests in docker.
- Considering Brotli as alternative codec with good CPU vs compression ratio tradeoff.
- Forked branch REL0_1_STABLE to separate development and support.
- Better compatibility with WAL-E backups and archive (see #100 )
- More safety features and error prevention (#102 #109 )
Thanks to everyone, who reported, fixed, suspected, diagnosed and mitigated bugs, crafted new features and pushed WAL-G further.