This project was inspired by the Facebook iOS app. The idea is to give a slideout menu to a UINavigationController-based app.
- The menu can display on the left OR right side of the screen.
- Display the menu either by dragging the UINavigationBar or by pressing the UIBarButtonItem.
- When the menu is visible you can tap or drag the UINavigationController to close the menu.
- Shadow between UINavigationController and menu
- Universal device support (iPhone + iPad)
- Universal orientation support (Portrait + Landscape)
- Lightweight, simple and readable code.
Note: QuartzCore is required for shadow rendering
- Bring the MFSideMenu folder into your project.
- Create your menu (a UITableViewController -- in the demo this is the SideMenuViewController class)
- Initiate MFSideMenu in your app delegate:
self.window.rootViewController = navigationController; [self.window makeKeyAndVisible]; MenuOptions options = MenuButtonEnabled|BackButtonEnabled; // make sure to display the navigation controller before calling this [MFSideMenuManager configureWithNavigationController:navigationController sideMenuController:sideMenuViewController menuSide:MenuLeftHandSide options:options];
- (Optional) If you want to display the menu or back UIBarButtonItem, import MFSideMenu.h in your UIViewController and then add this to your viewDidLoad method:
Copyright (c) 2012, Michael Frederick All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
Neither the name of Michael Frederick, 'viamike.com' nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL Michael Frederick BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.