This project is an effort to make Python's doctest module more awesome.
- Iron out some of the wrinkles and warts in Python's doctest
- Retain backward compatibility with existing doctest behavior
- Distribute as a package installable with pip
- Eventually propose a merge into the standard Python distribution
- Use doctest-driven development
+SKIPany features that aren't implemented
- Take out
+SKIPdirectives as things get finished
Testing is mostly done with nose at the moment. Tests are in the
directory, and nose configuration is in
setup.cfg. Run nose like this:
There is also a quick-and-dirty
test.py script designed to cover the
doctest2.py file itself, as well as the
tests/rst/*.rst files that
describe new features. These should be merged into the nose tests if possible.
This software is licensed under the Python Software Foundation License (PSFL).