The Vim Configuration of Champions
git clone http://github.com/wari/dot_vim.git .vimin your home folder.
mv dot_vim .vim
rake vim:linkto make the .vimrc symbolic link.
- Install Vundle with
git clone http://github.com/gmarik/vundle.git bundle/vundle
- Run Vim and type
:BundleInstallto install the plugins with Vundle.
- Enjoy enhanced productivity, increased levitation, reduced watermelon-related accidents, and startling sex appeal.
- gVim - I'm currently using Wu Yongwei's pre-compiled gVim 7.3.333 because it has Ruby support and the latest patches
Be sure to always edit the vimrc using
,v, which opens the vimrc in the .vim folder. Vim has a nasty habit of overriding symlinks.
Plugin Installation / Requirements
I may make this more verbose later, but for now, here's a list of plugins that require further installation:
- Command-T Needs compilation
- Fugitive Requires Git to be installed
- syntastic Requires many different binaries installed depending on what filetypes you want it to check
- ack.vim Requires ack to be installed
Note: Auto generated by