- Aggregate streaming social activity to find events that you might not otherwise stumble upon!
- Not just a real-time social media mapper, find anomalous events that stand out above typical background activity!
- That is to say: Locate trending social activity in meatspace!
twitter: A twitter account, an application dev.twitter.com/apps, and its authentication keys.
pip install tweepy
Make a file named
twitauth.cfg in the project's root directory your application's keys from dev.twitter.com.
apikey= apikeysecret= accesstoken= accesstokensecret=
Stream data from a geographic region
Currently writes data to disk.
Search for data within a geographic region
Currently does not write data to disk.
Running the app
- Recommended: Install virtualenv and fire up a virtual environment.
# Install virtualenv sudo pip install virtualenv # Create virtualenv folder `venv` virtualenv venv # Activate the virtual environment source venv/bin/activate
- Install Python project dependencies.
pip install -r requirements.txt
- To test your application, run the manage.py file:
python manage.py runserver, and open your web browser to