Solitaire JS is an HTML5 game I originally wrote for a contest organized for the launch of the original webOS Palm Pré launch in France: SFR Jeunes Talents.
The webOS game is known as "warpKlondike" features:
- Customizable theme (cards & background)
- Game can be saved and resumed at any time
- Local Score table
- Localisation: game available in 4 languages
- Game statistics
I then made some changes to make the game work on a webbrowser:
- Ported Prototype code to jQuery
- Ported database code to web-based database (using Lawnchair)
- Removed localisation
- Added HD graphics (work done by Guillaume Poyet)
- Added unlimited undo/redo
- Made the game play nice with the original iPad by adding CSS3 acceleration (which wasn't supported by the original webOS)
What could be done in the future:
- make the game responsive (it's now only adapated to 1024x768 screens)
- Add a proper dependency management/build process using bower, grunt
- Remove unneeded libraries (is jQuery really needed today ?)
- Fix some bugs
- Finalize at least a new theme to demonstrate the theme engine
This software is distributed under an MIT licence.
Copyright 2010-2014 © Nicolas Ramz
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. The Software is provided "as is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and noninfringement. In no event shall the authors or copyright holders be liable for any claim, damages or other liability, whether in an action of contract, tort or otherwise, arising from, out of or in connection with the software or the use or other dealings in the Software.