WSUWP Multiple Networks
Provides the multi-network functionality in WordPress used at Washington State University.
WSUWP Multiple Networks adds a basic user interface for managing multiple networks in WordPress multisite.
For best results, this plugin should be added as a must-use plugin using a process similar to WSU's Load MU Plugins. The plugin can be installed as a standard plugin through the dashboard, though will require manual activation on every new network for all features to work as expected.
What this plugin provides
- Add New Network screen used to add networks to the
- All Networks screen to show existing networks.
- My Networks screen on site dashboards.
- Replacement Add New Site screen allowing the entry of arbitrary domains and paths and eliminating the need for domain mapping.
- A My Networks menu with sub-My Sites menus for each network.
- Option in Edit Site to move sites between networks.
- Ability to globally activate plugins across all networks.
- Global administrators, network administrators, and site administrators treated separately.
- Removes need for confirmation/activation links when adding new users to sites.
All contributions are welcome. In its current state, the plugin is over-opinionated in some places and less opinionated than it should be in others. If you'd like to help clarify that or have a question, please open an issue with your thoughts.
These are the best places to help:
- Translation support is effectively missing.
- A new "My Networks" and "My Sites" interface via REST API would be refreshing.
- There are likely several bugs awaiting that we haven't found yet. :)