Dev.Tube Contribution Data
Let's build the best tech video hub together! Check out
What help is needed?
- please help fixing video metadata
- please help adding speakers
- please help improving the website
- please contribute new channels
Channel or playlist contribution guidelines
- Conference talks are accepted.
- Panel discussions are accepted.
- High quality video tutorials are accepted (only time-proven channels, with no aggressive marketing)
- No webinars.
- No commercial videos (product or company advertisement or hiring promotions).
- We do not add videos shorter than 5 minutes. Short videos are automatically ignored.
- If your channel contains commercial videos, but you still want to share some of the technical videos, please, create a playlist and share that instead.
Channels and playlists can be added to channels.yml.
How to edit video metadata
- Please use spaces for formatting.
- Please, only add speaker information if it is a real single person. Collective names or organization accounts will not be accepted as a valid speaker metadata. We plan to implement multiple speakers per video at some point (follow up here).
The structure of the video metadata looks like this:
tags: - tag1 - tag2 speaker: name: Speaker full name twitter: SpeakerTwitterHandle (no @) title: Title goes here language: English category: conference # or vlog featured: true (you need to have enough karma points, see https://dev.tube/contributors) recordingDate: 1444245407 # description: Some text goes here #
How to remove a video
If you want a video to be removed, create an entry in ignored.yml and explain why you think the video should be removed. In particular, we'd appreciate if you removed marketing videos.
In addition to editing video metadata, auto-tagging is supported. Auto-tagging takes place when video metadata is modified or a new video is ingested.
Contribute to auto-tagging by modifying tags.yml
When a new video is ingested, Dev.Tube tries to determine author's twitter account.
Contribute to speaker auto-discovery by modifying speakers.yml.
I made a contribution, but do no see the change
Videos are updated few times in a week, but we try to do it more frequently. We're also working on the solution to make changes on the fly.