VolcaShare is a tool to save and share settings (aka patches) for different sounds of the Korg Volca Bass and Korg Volca Keys synthesizers. It’s basically a content management system, but instead of the content being blog posts or pictures of your feet or whatever, the content consists the parameters which define the synth patch, and therefore its sound.
Under the hood
This application is built on these key frameworks/libraries:
- Ruby on Rails is the server-side MVC system.
- MongoDB database using Mongoid ODM.
- Web Audio API is used for sound in the Volca Bass Emulator.
- Bootstrap for responsive design support and layouts.
- Webmidi for sending MIDI signals via the browser.
Coming soon: how to install this application on your own computer.
Coming soon: how to run and use this application on your own computer.
Reporting an issue / requesting a feature:
Please open a GitHub issue.
March 13 2016 - Repository created
November 2016 - VolcaShare.com launched
January 25 2017 - Sequence support on bass patches
August 8 2018 - Sort by quality
February 21 2020 - Volca Keys support
August 15 2020 - Volca Bass Emulator launched