Shotcut - a free, open source, cross-platform video editor
- Features: http://www.shotcut.org/bin/view/Shotcut/Features
- Roadmap: http://www.shotcut.org/bin/view/Shotcut/Roadmap
Warning: Shotcut is currently in very early stage and active development. So do not expect a final product for now.
Binaries are regularly build and are available at http://www.shotcut.org, on the Download section.
- Dan Dennedy <http://www.dennedy.org> : main author
- Brian Matherly <email@example.com> : contributor
- MLT: multimedia authoring framework
- Qt 5: application and UI framework
- FFmpeg: multimedia format and codec libraries
- x264: H.264 encoder
- WebM: VP8 encoder
- LAME: MP3 encoder
- Frei0r: video plugins
- LADSPA: audio plugins
GPLv3. See COPYING.
How to build
Warning: building shotcut should only be reserved to beta testers or contributors who know what they are doing.
The fastest way to build and try Shotcut dev version is probably using Qt Creator.
From command line
First, check dependencies are satisfied and various paths correctly set to find different libraries and include files (Qt 5, MLT, Frei0r and so forth).
make install is partially working.
Best way to tesst
shotcut is to execute it from source folder: