DYODE : Do Your Own Diode
A DIY, low-cost data diode for ICS This project aims at creating a working data diode for a fraction of the price of the commercial ones.
This project includes two versions of DYODE :
- DYODE full : a 19" rack-sized data diode
- DYODE light : a very compact and ultra low-cost version with performance limitations
The DYODE project is composed of 3 main parts:
- An INPUT counter
- A unidirectional, light-based data transfer mechanism
- An OUTPUT counter
The full version relies on optical-copper converters to transmit data, while the light version uses an optocoupler.
Hardware for DYODE light is open-source: PCB Gerber files are provided, as well as
.stl files to 3D print the case.
DYODE is an open-source project developed in Python.
- Modbus data transfer
- File transfer (DYODE full only)
- Screen sharing (DYODE full only)
This project is published under GPLv3. Take a look at the full license.