The Pocket Science Lab from FOSSASIA http://pslab.fossasia.org
This repository hosts the python library for communicating with PSLab. This can be installed on a linux pc/raspberry pi. With this, one can communicate with the hardware using simple python code.
- The project is inspired from ExpEYES http://expeyes.in
- FOSSASIA is supporting development and promotion of ExpEYES project since 2014 mainly through Google Summer of Code
- The current work is a part of my GSoC-16 project
To install PSLab on Debian based Gnu/Linux system, the following dependencies must be installed.
- PyQt 4.7+, PySide, or PyQt5
- python 2.6, 2.7, or 3.x
- NumPy, Scipy
- pyqt4-dev-tools #for pyuic4
- Pyqtgraph #Plotting library
- pyopengl and qt-opengl #for 3D graphics
- iPython-qtconsole #optional
#####Libraries must be installed in
the following any order
Note If user is only interested in using PSLab as an acquisition device without a display/GUI, only one repository pslab needs to be installed
#####To install, cd into the directories
$ cd <SOURCE_DIR>
and run the following (for both the repos)
$ sudo make clean
$ sudo make
$ sudo make install
Now you are ready with the PSLab software on your machine :)
For the main GUI (Control panel), you can run Experiments from the terminal.
To set up the development environment, install the packages mentioned in dependencies. For building GUI's Qt Designer is used.